Tuesday, October 14, 2014

equal(?)


 
 
 
My submission for the Reflections Contest. The theme was "The world would be a better place if . . .", so naturally, I went the feminist route. Special thanks to Barbie and Ken for letting me adorn their bodies in society's customary sexist terms and double-standards.
 
I have been working on this here and there on the weekends for over a month and have been fantasizing about the day I would turn it in for at least that long, so today is somewhat strange magic.
 
 just listen and you will feel.
 






Anyhow, I really liked this because it is the perfect blend of cute stuffed animals and human organs.

 

 
 
 
I have been away for a little while because of my editor duties at ZINE CLUB(!!!) If you don't submit, do you even exist? HA chew on that . . . and then spit it out, head on over to gohszineclub.blogspot.com, and click the "submit" page on the right side. The rest will be history. Everyone who contributes will get a copy when it is published around xmas break :0
 
ALLLSSSOOOOO anyone who purchases a piece from my shop, brokenumbrellas.bigcartel.com, will get a copy too.
 
Lastly, check out September Issues, this AWESOME new collective and site that I am lucky to be a part of!

No comments: